STUDIO SCENE 2: An Annual Survey of Art from CAMIBAart Tours
August 18th - September 8th, 2018
Saturday August 18th, 2018
5:00pm to 8:00pm
Facebook event link HERE.
Article by tourist Sharyn Richey in anticipation of the exhibit
published July 2018 in Aether Magazine.
Join us for our second annual exhibition of art gathered directly from the artist’s studios visited on our cultural art tours. With our growing roster of international tour destinations, we have compiled a few of our favorite pieces from this year’s travels - all are for sale. Presenting artworks by more than 25 artists representing 4 countries and six geographic locations, we invite you to celebrate their culture and experience their voice through their wide variety of mediums.
Artists included in this exhibit are:
- Allejandra Mendoza (San Miguel de Allende, MX)
- Alvaro Almaguer (Havana, Cuba)
- Beatriz Sala Santacana (Havana, Cuba)
- Bulmaro Perez Mendoza (Oaxaca, Mexico)
- Camila Castañeda (Guatemala, Guatemala)
- Diana Fernandez (Guatemala, Guatemala)
- Edgardo Kerlegand (San Miguel de Allende, MX)
- Gleidel Rodriguez (Havana, Cuba)
- Isaias Jimenez Ramirez (Oaxaca, Mexico)
- JP Canale (Antigua, Guatemala)
- Julio Alba (Mexico City, Mexico)
- Lazaro Moreira (Havana, Cuba)
- Leonardo Diaz (San Miguel de Allende, Mexico)
- Luis Valencia Mendoza (Oaxaca, Mexico)
- Manuel Mugica (Mexico City, Mexico)
- Martol Sems (Oaxaca, Mexico)
- Miguel Angel Rivera Lopez (Mexico City, Mexico)
- Nelson Almaguer (Havana, Cuba)
- Orestes Sanchez & Rolando Suchite (Antigua, GU)
- Pablow Miguel Padron (Havana, Cuba)
- Pura Sangue (Oaxaca, Mexico)
- Richard Peralta (Cusco, Peru)
- Roman Eguia (San Miguel de Allende, Mexico)
- Sandra Helena Slim (Mexico City, Mexico)
- Teresa Gonzalez-Marin & Claudio Ojeda-Morales (Oaxaca, Mexico)
- Yanier Sanchez (Havana, Cuba)
About CAMIBAart Tours - In addition to our gallery spaces, CAMIBAart also curates and leads guided art tours locally and around the world with a focus on Latin America. As part of the traveling itinerary for these tours, CAMIBAartTours visits a wide range of artist’s studios, museums, public art projects, and historical sites. CAMIBAart Tours explores the world with an eye on the artistic side of life. Our excursions give tour goers an intimate glimpse at the process behind the masterpiece as well as the artists themselves. If you love casual, exciting, enlightening travel and you love art, these are the tours for you.
In conjunction with the Studio Scene 2 exhibit, CAMIBAart and Lynne Brotman Fiber Art bring master Zapotec weaver Bulmaro Perez to Austin for Dyeing Workshops and a Trunk Show.
August 15th, 16th, 17th, 18th, & 19th, 2018, Daily 10am - 5pm
August 15th & 16th, 2018, 10am – 1pm, $75/day - reserve space: www.explorefiberart.com